cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vision assistant problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I am having a problem with vision assistant when i run the script within vision assitant it locates all of my patterns and finds the template file paths etc and all is good. However, when i run my application the vision assistant fails to locate the patterns or the template file paths. Any help in why this is happening woud be of great help.

Regards,

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(5,760 Views)

Hello,

did you create controls for the input paths? Are the paths correct?

Please attach a screenshot of your problem (code) so it is easier to help.

Best regards,

K

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(5,758 Views)

Most likely you would be using an image mask or image extract. Define a seperate unique imaq create for image destination. Post a screen shot if possible

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(5,756 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for replying. Yes i created inputs paths and i believe the paths are correct. The strange thing is i have a number of inspections that work using vision assistant but for this one inspection it wont work. I have attached a screenshot of the vi with file paths etc. It is the same as other inspections that work so i am lost as to why this particular vi wont locate the templates/patterns.

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(5,752 Views)

Hey guys,

I have come to realise that it is not an issue with the templates i am having it is an issue with the set co-ordinates function i can locate all templates before the set coordinates function but after that function it will not find the templates once i execute the application. it will find the templates however, if i single step through the express vi. Ihave tried all of the different modes with the origin and and the x-angle axis but still cannot find a solution as to why the problem occurs. Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(5,662 Views)

We recently found a bug in the code generated by Vision Assistant related to the pattern matching step.

If you tell me which version of LabVIEW you are using, I can send you a fix.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(5,659 Views)

Hey,

Labview 2013 SP1 and vision development modeule 2013 SP1. Thanks

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(5,654 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Damien129

Try to replace the following file by the one attached.

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\vision\Vision Assistant Utils.llb

Message 8 of 17
(5,651 Views)

Hi,

How do i proceed with replacing the current library set?

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(5,642 Views)

If you want, you can make a backup copy of the existing one. But replacing the one you have in this folder should fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(5,638 Views)