From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vision assistant acquires only small image

Original post last year, same problem reoccurred.

Reposting to see if there is any new info since this problem fixed itself last year.

Jeff

Hi all,

I've been working with Vision Assistant 2013 for a week or so.  When I first started, I could see the full 2048 x 2048 image from the Camera Link camera.

After some research and investigation, I decided that I needed to reduce the size of the image from the camera.  I changed it to 800 x 700 pixels.

Vision Assistant 2013 was still working for me.

I tried a couple of filters, exported some LabVIEW, everything was working well.

The other day, as I was working with the Vision Assistant, I acquired another image from my camera, as I had been doing.

Unexpectedly, the image displayed was only 25 pixels by 25 pixels.  This was not a zoom problem, but actually the number of pixels captured.

When I go to MAX, and selected the indicated camera, I get the full 800 x 700 pixels.

When I run my LabVIEW application, I get the full 800 x 700 pixels.

When I run Vision Assistant, I get 25 by 25 pixels.

I'd like to use the Vision Assistant to investigate other filters, manipulations, edge detection, etc.

It is a very useful tool, but not when it is only capturing 25 x 25 pixels.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I'm using an NI PCIe-1433 frame grabber card.

I'm also using a Point Grey Gazelle camera.

I don't think it's hardware related, as MAX and the LabVIEW app are working correctly.

I did an uninstall/reinstall without any change.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,396 Views)

Vision Assistant allows you to draw a region of interest in the main image (when the acquisition step configuration page is open) to only acquire that region.

You might have done that accidentally. It is then saved by the software and the same ROI will be used the next time you use Vision Assistant.

From the acquisition step in grab mode, click inside the image to go back to acquiring the full image.

Those ROI settings are saved in the file C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Vision Assistant\Acq_Setup.dat

You can try to edit the file with notepad and empty its content to have Vision Assistant use the default full size image.

Hope this solves your issue.

Best regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,389 Views)