From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vision Acquisition error (NI vision Acquisition express has stoped)

hello 

i want to set a webcam in vision Acquisition express but when i click on usb webcam (correctly work on ni max) recieve this error but with the laptop webcam didnt recive error !! Whats the problem ?!!

i have installed labview 2014 and i think vision Acquisition toolkit is 2013 

http://uupload.ir/files/hwzk_untitlexd.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,714 Views)

Hi Ramin71_LY,

Are you trying to access the USB webcam from both NI MAX and the Vision Acquistion Express at the same time? You will only be able to access the camera from one location at a time. Does this error appear when you select the camera in MAX or when you try to do a 'snap' or 'grab' from the camera in MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,686 Views)
No , thats not at same time . Im using in block diagram with vision acquisition bolck and when i want select cam recieve this error . In vision example camera works good but in vision acquisition block ...!! I dont know whats the problem
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,677 Views)

I'm assuming you have found the examples within the Example Finder. In LabVIEW navigate to Help>> Find Examples. 

Hardware Input and Output>> Vision Acquisition>> NI-IMAQdx

There is a Grab (Express).vi in that folder which uses the Vision Acquisition Express VI. Are you configuring the Vision Acquisition Express VI in your application similar to the LabVIEW shipping example?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,645 Views)

i found example in ni folder examples a ran one of vision ex . i used grab block instead vision acquisition , thanks . i think there is problem in vision acquisition 2014 , i wanted use 2013 version but i used grab function and my problem solved with this 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,624 Views)