cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video acquisition with CMOS

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I am making a program in labview to record a video for certain time (let is say 1h). When I run my program (attached below) I just get one image instead of a 1h video. I do not why, any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,931 Views)
Solution
Accepted by grobas

Your VI works fine for me.  When you run your VI, do you see the AVI file on disk getting larger over time? 

Message 2 of 7
(2,898 Views)

Oh that is surprising, when I run it I just get an image. I will try in another computer then.

So the file does not get bigger with time, it just has the size of a single image more or less. It does not increase with time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,895 Views)

Is your camera actually acquiring multiple images?  Wire the buffer number output of the Grab subVI to an indicator and make sure that number changes over time. 

Message 4 of 7
(2,893 Views)

Hi, sorry for my late response but I do not have access to labview during weekends.

I created an indicator as you said and it changes over time but still I have the same problem. I obtain just one image instead of a video.

The camera when it is used with apropriate software acquires video.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,848 Views)

Sorry, I figured out what happened. I had the block diagram opened with the bulb on. That slows down the program so it did not acquire the video properly I think. Thank you for your help.

Message 6 of 7
(2,846 Views)

Hello again, 

I still have problems with this program. As I said, now it records a video but every second there is like a lag on it (the video stops for a bit every second). Besides, intuitively I can see that I do not capture all the frames.

I tried a producer/consumer program but I do not know how to make it work with a video acquisition (I have never used this type of structures before).

Do you know how can I solve this?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,832 Views)