Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vehicle tracking using vision builder

Solved!
Go to solution
Can anyone help me to track a vehicle using vision builder?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,219 Views)
Why is it no reply for me alone 😞 ???
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,000 Views)

There isn't much detail in your question, and using VBAI to track vehicles would be pretty difficult.  This is something that would require a more complex algorithm that would probably need to be programmed in LabVIEW.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,987 Views)
To track a vehicle similar to that of the video in the link below

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F_M_skebbpA

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,980 Views)
Anyways we shall convert vision builder to LabVIEW code
Else give me a solution using vision assistant
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,979 Views)

Without seeing some images of what you are trying to track, it is difficult to give you some advice.

But you might want to look at the Track Object step, located in the Locate Features palette (3rd palette).

The Vision Builder AI example showing this functionality is located here and actually shows a vehicle tracking application:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI 2014\Examples\Object Tracking Example.vbai

The object tracking feature is one out of many tools that can be used to locate  objects in an image. Vision Development module has lots of other tools that can be used for such purpose. It just depends on the content of your image.

Pattern matching might be another one, although it generally is not the most appropriate one for vehicle tracking.

Optical Flow could be another one:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\examples\Vision\Motion Estimation\Optical Flow Feature Tracking.vi

Hope this helps.

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,971 Views)
I Am not trying to process a single image.
I already took images of various cars. Took a single image for processing, converted it to saturated plane and used track object of that car. It worked well for that car alone.
The problem is that it is not detecting other cars.
For eg: if I tried with ford, it is not detecting other company cars.

I also came to know that vehicles can be tracked using kalman filter. I am not sure how to implement kalman filter.
I repeat I am not doing it on a image. I wanted a real time output
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,968 Views)
Also see that video link which I mentioned in earlier before comment..u ll know what I am trying to ask in this forum.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,967 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author perusr

The Object tracking feature allows to track multiple objects.

To do exactly what is shown in the video, where the number of cars is variable, you need to use LabVIEW and Vision Development module to have more control over the creation of the objects. (The limitation with Vision Builder AI is that each object to track is associated with a tracking session, so you have to know up front how many object you need to track, but VBAI can track multiple objects).

The principle that I described should be the same in LabVIEW: somehow detect the new car that comes into the field of view, and at that point learn the object so that it can be tracked. The prerequesite should be that you must know where to detect the car that comes into the field of view. The difficult part of the application is to define the region of interest of the new object you want to track.

The LabVIEW example for object tracking is located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\examples\Vision\Tracking\Object Tracking.vi

Christophe

Message 9 of 11
(5,949 Views)
have only motion in examples. I cldnt find vision.. should I again install drivers in CD 1( LabVIEW 2014)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,933 Views)