cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unknown error 0xFFFF3B50

This is the configuration:

- NI 1433 cameralink frame grabber

- Basler raL12288-66k (full)

In the measurement and automation explorer, the maximum height is set to 32000. Two problems:

- If I select a height higher than 17000, I get an undertermined error 0xFFFF3B50

- Assuming the first problem is solved, since this is a linescan camera, why is the height artificially limited to 32000 for a snap operation? At 8 bit per pixel, this is <400M. Not sure what the limitation is? I need ~42000 px height

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,145 Views)

dpt07,

Looking at that hex code in the LabVIEW Explain Error menu, it sounds like it is pointing to a RAM problem. The exact error message is "The requested memory could not be allocated". This sounds possible, as you are trying to take a large amount of data through the frame grabber. It's possible that there is not enough RAM available and MAX cannot allocate enough memory to hold your images.

The specifications I found for your camera show that it takes 12,288 pixels per line. This multiplied by the height of your image results in a large amount of data.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,118 Views)

As soon as you have solved the memory issue you will face the limitation of the maximum height of 32000 which usually comes from the *.icd for your camera.   I am not a camera link hero and never tried to "patch" these files.  I don't know either if there is another way to get 42k lines in MAX ...

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,110 Views)

I would suggest capturing your image as 4 images with a 10500 pixel height.  If you need to, you could combine them afterward.  This is assuming you have plenty of memory.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,105 Views)

The computer has 32GB ram so that should be plentiful... After a few reboots it finally worked and I downloaded the NI camera file generator. From there I was able to change the maximum height to 32768 and got it to work. However, the UI prevents me to go over 32768. Sounds like NI decided 15 bit was enough or did not made it unsigned.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,100 Views)

@dtp07 wrote:

The computer has 32GB ram so that should be plentiful...

On my computer, NIMax.exe is a 32-bit process which I take from the Task Manager that shows a "*32" to the right of NIMax.exe.  (I don't have the latest version of MAX installed and don't know if there's a 64-bit version out ....)  If the image acquisition requires a contiguous amount of RAM and the image display in MAX consumes another good amount of RAM, you might easily be a victim of the 2GB limitation of 32-bit processes ...

Congrats for making it at least to 32k lines.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,093 Views)