Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to load camera's xml file

Hi, I have a USB3 camera with Pleora interface which shows up on MAX but then gives Error 0xBFF6901D Unable to load camera's XML file.

Previous post suggestions were to upgrade firmware and look into 'pImpemented' attributes in the xml file. I have the latest firmware and the xml file does not use pImplemented. 

When I try to run CameraValidator /ATTRIBUTES, no report file is generated and I get one of two messages.

FAIL: Error Code = 0xBFF6903B: Unknown USB3 Vision error or the same xml file error as above.

I've tried multiple versions of NI-IMAQ (14.0 and 15.5) and get similar results. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Art

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(7,373 Views)

Hi Art,

How does the camera enumerate in Windows Device Manager?

Do you have another image acquisition program exist on your computer that you could use to troubleshoot if you can use the camera at all on this computer?

I would try going to C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\. Once there, rename the "Data" folder and create a new, empty "Data" folder. This will force IMAQdx to reload the XML file from the camera.

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(7,347 Views)

check this path  to see if there is any file related to your camera in labview other wise you have to recreatie it

image folder.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(7,330 Views)

Hi Andrew, thanks for your response.

I have two drivers for the camera that I can switch between, one from Pleora and the NI-IMAQdx driver. With the Pleora driver, the camera shows up as a USB3.0 Vision device and with the IMAQ driver it is under NI Vision Acquisition devices > NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device. 

The camera works fine with the Pleora driver, I only see issues when switching to the IMAQdx driver. 

I tried removing the Data folder as you suggested. IMAQdx seems to not have a problem getting the xml file and saving it to the DATA/XML folder. 

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

-Art

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(7,314 Views)

Hi Halef.fouladi, 

Thanks for your response. There are files related to my camera in the NI-IMAQdx folder. The xml file is downloaded and saved to the computer. 

-Art

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(7,315 Views)
so does your problem solve or exist yet?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(7,309 Views)

Apologies for not being clear--the problem still exists. I still get an error even though it seems NI-IMAQdx is able to download and save the xml file from the camera.

-Art

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(7,307 Views)
could you explain your method to load xml file and tell why you try to do that?
you do it to open the camera by NI-IMAQdx ?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(7,304 Views)

I'm not sure I fully understad your question.

When I plug the camera in, it shows up properly in MAX and is assigned a camera id (cam1 for example). But then when I click on the camera, I get the unable to load xml file message. If I check in the public IMAQdx directory, the xml file is there.

I want to use LabVIEW with the camera, which is why I'm trying to get the IMAQdx driver to work.

Does that answer your quesions?  Thanks for your help.

-Art

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(7,303 Views)
ok yes
I send you a link please study and tell me if it could help you
https://www.ptgrey.com/tan/10791
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(7,299 Views)