From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uEye two camera acquisition

Hi all,

I'm running two uEye USB cameras in parallel, with mixed results.  When I first open the program and plug in the cameras, it runs perfectly 80% of the time (sometimes it just opens one camera instead of both).  However, if I stop the program and then run it again, it doesn't work, just thinks for half a second and then ends itself (not initalizing correctly maybe?).  To solve this, I have to unplug one camera, run the program, stop the program, and plug in the second camera.  Now it will work again -- but just once, then I have to go through the whole routine again.

I'm a real beginner, and I don't know enough about computer science to troubleshoot this.  It seems to me that there could be some memory dump that's not happening at the end of the run, or maybe a buffer that isn't being emptied.  What do you think?

Thanks,

Anne

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,464 Views)

Hi Anne,

Have you tried verifying that this behaviour is not replicated with a single IMAQ camera? You mentioned that you have to run one camera than the other to get the two to work in parallel, but what happens if you try to start and stop acquisition on a single camera? Do you still notice the issue occurring?

Best Regards,

James Kent

James Kent | Applications Engineer | National Instruments UK & Ireland
w: uk.ni.com | ireland.ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,418 Views)

Hi James,

Thanks for the response.  I was eventually able to solve the problem by initializing the cameras sequentially.  It seems that setting up the cameras simultaneously led to incorrect memory allocation.

Thanks again,

Anne

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,416 Views)