Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two-USB camera identification

Hi everyone. I have two same USB cameras wanted to connected to the computer. The two cameras are same and use the same driver to install on computer. When I want to use MAX or IMAQdx Open.vi to connect the camera I can only find one camera connected on my computer. So are there any ways to get this two cameras identified by LabVIEW and then I can use them to capture images at the same time. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(5,110 Views)

Are you able to acquire from these cameras separately: don't connect one but connect the other?

Also, what version of the Vision Acquistion Software are you using? In previous versions, there was some issues with acquiring simultaneously from multiple USB cameras but not anymore.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(5,105 Views)

Thank you for your help. I'm using a new ID because the previous ID is Chinese. 

It is able to use the camera to acquire separately. Using any of the two cameras alone can capture images well.

I'm using IMAQdx 3.9, MAX 5.0 and LabVIEW 2011 . I think it should because of the identification of the camera by MAX but don't know how to mark these two cameras with different ID or name so that it can be idenfied by LabVIEW system.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(5,090 Views)

Hi

To acquire from multiple cameras in LabVIEW, you must enumerate the list of cameras with the IMAQ USB/Imaqdx Enumerate Cameras VI. Then a session can be opened for each different camera.

Check this may helps you http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D13527D8471D5FC5862576A4006BD081

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(5,086 Views)

Thank you for your help! However, I still can't find both of the cameras. Using enumerate vi I can only find one camera while the hardware manger of windows can find both of the cameras shown in the figure below. Is it because of the driver of the camera doesn't support two cameras using simultaneously? But using another C++ program is able to use the two cameras at the same time. Do you have some more suggestions about the problem? Thank you very much.

QQ截图20121024193501.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(5,075 Views)

Hi What about MAX is it displays both the cameras?

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(5,071 Views)

Hi if both of your cameras have the same config IMAQ gives only one camera. 

Check this may helps: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F936725EE75F1E55862572D6006C9276?OpenDocument

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(5,064 Views)

MAX only shows one camera even both of the cameras are connected. Thank you for the guidance and the link also helps a lot. Maybe I need to use a modified driver or purchase another camera with different model.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(5,058 Views)

Try to update IMAQdx Driver this may solve your problem hopefully.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(5,056 Views)

Hi John,

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm using two usb cameras from Thorlabs (both DCC 1545m). The first plugged camera works fine, but the second doesn't show up in MAX or Imaqdx Enumerate Cameras VI. In the mean time the first one still works fine. If I unplug the first one the second will show up and work properly.

Did you figure out any solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Jie

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(4,934 Views)