Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble triggering acquisition - PCIe-1433

I've got a Point Grey Gazelle, camera link, in bulb shuttered trigger mode using a pulse generated at CC1. Everything works fine so far. I've been taking software-triggered sequence acquisition with:

imgSequenceSetup();

imgSessionAcquire();

The sequence proceeds fine, and finishes. Now, I need to use the card's SMB input to start the acquisition. I added a step:

imgSequenceSetup();

imgSessionTriggerConfigure2(sId, IMG_SIGNAL_EXTERNAL, 0, IMG_TRIG_POLAR_ACTIVEH, 100000, IMG_TRIG_ACTION_CAPTURE);

imgSessionAcquire();

I apply a 5V trigger, and it never starts! imgSessionStatus() always tells me I'm on frame -1. What's frustrating is that if I read the signal using

imgSessionTriggerRead2(sId, IMG_SIGNAL_EXTERNAL, 0, IMG_TRIG_POLAR_ACTIVEH, &status);

I can see it flip between 0 and 1 when I apply the pulse, but the acquisition still never starts.

I think I might be applying things in the wrong order, or perhaps I have a routing conflict. Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,781 Views)

Whoops - sorry about the double post. In any case, I finally figured this out after banging my head for a couple of days. I wasn't watching my errors closely enough; I needed to set up the trigger BEFORE calling imgSequenceSetup, otherwise I was getting the dreaded  "buffer size used is too small for minimum acquisition frame". Works like a charm, now.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,779 Views)