cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sony xcd-x710cr

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I have sony xcd-x710cr digital camera connected to Ni NI PCI-8254R board. When I configure cam in NI Max,  camera works properly, and I can set it with all possible kind of image size.

When I run a VI for avi recording, the camera runs with lowest image size (640 x 480 pixels) even I tried to set any other different image size using property node.

More in details, when I use property node I can reduce camera image size but I can not increase more that 640 x 480 pixels.

Any idea from everybody will be well accepted.

Than You very much for help

Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,560 Views)
What version of IMAQ do you have? 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,552 Views)

Hi Muck:

I use Labview 8.5 and IMAQdx.. sincerely I cant remember which version I installed on that computer. For sure it should be NI Vision Acquisition 8.6 (IMAQ 4.1 and IMAQdx 3.2) or NI Vision Acquisition 8.5 (IMAQ 3.8 and IMAQdx 3.1).

Is this information enough for helping me?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,550 Views)

Here please find attached the vi (in LLB) I use to display and record images stream coming from sony camera. As You can see it is almost standard one, but using it I am not able to display images greater than 640 x 480.

Any idea?

Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,508 Views)

Hi Antonio,

are you using example code or you made this VI by yourself?

What propertynode are you using for setting the image size?

I've tested it with my Basler and couldn't reproduce your problem, starting for the example of LV (Grab and save to AVI.vi)

Let us know, 

Ciao

KIM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,502 Views)

Ciao KIM:

as usual I modified little bit Labview example in order to adapt to my requests, and also to male experience.

Attached You will find a new modified vi, in LLB, where i drawn write property node to acquire images with desired size (800 x 600).

Even with this change, I continue to watch images with 640 x 480 pixels size. I can get this size information from display bar information.

Moreover as I wrote the first time, using Ni MAX I can run sony camera with every kind of image size, for example 1024 x 760, and I saved camera setup with 800 x 640, But still the problem is present.

What can you suggest?

Grazie

Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,496 Views)

Would you pls verify this behaviour with a LV example?

You can take the one in attachment.

Regards,

KIM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,490 Views)

Thank You very much, Kim, I will try it tomorrow.

It is night now in Italy

Ciao

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,485 Views)

Hi Kim:

I was able to run your example and attached You can find front panel when running it.

As You can see the image size was 640 x 480 pixels, even in Ni Max I set up cam at 800 x 600.

Grazie. Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,461 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yixiao-uncle

Hey Antonio,

are you sure you save the configuration you set in MAX, and you close it, before running the code?

Can you see the parameters change in the .icd file? (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Data)

How did you get the .icd file?

Can you pls post a screenshot of the settings you put in MAX?

What's the Vision Acquisition SW and LV version that you're using?

Thanks

KIM

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,456 Views)