From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving histogram data from "measure colors" automatically in excel

Hello,

is it possible to save the histogram data from "measure colors" into an excel file automatically?

I need the values for every color plane from 0 to 255. The problem is, that the images which I am actually analyzing do not have a normal distribution of the colors, so for me it is not possible to calculate with standard deviation and things like that.

In "Vision Assistant" --> "Histogram" it is possible to save the data from the graph directly into excel, but only manually. The point is that I want to analyze some hundreds of images and so this would be a very laborious way to do that...

Thanks for your help and kind regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,809 Views)

Hi Tom,

do you want to automatically export the data from LabVIEW? Just making sure.

What function do you want to use? I can't find a function that is called "measure colors". What data type does the data have that you want to export.

Maybe you could include an example?

Best regards,

Anna

Anna Vogl
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,788 Views)
-I think you can try "Vision Assistant->Tools->Batch processing" can automatically save results.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,765 Views)

@annaei

Sorry, I forgot to say that I was talking about Vision Builder AI 2013.

I simply want to export some excel data...

Example:

Green Plane

Intensity 0 - 2 Pixels

Intensity 1 - 3 Pixels

Intensity 2 - 40 Pixels

Red Plane

Intensity 0 - 4 Pixels

Intensity 1 - 7 Pixels

Intensity 2 - 80 Pixels

...and so on

@udka:

I can`t find this function in "vision assistant" under tools. I only can see "performance meter".

Is this because I am currently using the evaluation version of the programme?

I also have the student version here but I didn`t install it till now because I have some weeks left to use the evaluation version...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,757 Views)

Maybe this KnowledgeBase helps you. You can save your data as Txt or CSV and open that with excel

Anna Vogl
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,662 Views)