Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

robotics

Solved!
Go to solution

hi, im doing project in image processing titles( gesture based remote control of robotic arm), where i have to recognise hand gesture which has to operate the robot, can i have an idea to processes the hand gesture using vision and motion tools. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,952 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author deepi27

Any hand gesture functionality would need to be written from scratch.  NI Vision contains only the building blocks for vision processing, with only a few exceptions like OCR, Optical flow, and Disparity maps.

The simplest approach to implementing something like hand gestures would be to use the pattern match functions to train sets hand signals for use.

You also have to think about how you want to initiate and terminate a command.  For example, if there is a command to move up, there must also be a command to halt, and wait.

There is also a library for the Kinect sensor that you can find in the VI package manager.  THere may be some gesture handling in that toolkit.  I think it is called Kinesthesia, or something like that.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,935 Views)

thank you  for your reply sir. i tried with pattern matching bt it seems to be light sensitive. it actually requires same lightening atmosphere to recognise my hand gestures. i have attached my base paper hre with, they used openCV platform to process gestures, can we do this specifed technique in LabVIEW.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,901 Views)