From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

representation of images in old and version of Labview

I'm trying to update an old software (working on Labview 5.0 and Windows 95) to Labview 7.0 and Windows XP.
I'm using the NI-IMAQ 3.1 and Vision 7.0.

I've noticed that the new representation of images is a typedef that is a reference to the image object. The old representation seems to be a cluster.

Unfortunately the software which I'm updating makes use of a code interface node which calls a C library. An error occurs, in particular "IMAQ Vision: not an image". I suppose that the C library requires the old representation of image therefore it doesen't accept the new reference.

Before starting to uderstand what the C library does and build a new labview code I would like to know if there is the possibility to convert the new typedef to the old one.

Is anyone able to help me?

Thanks a lot
GcDago
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,437 Views)
GcDago,

You can convert new representation to old one and backward.
Go to directly to \National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.x\vi.lib\vision\DataTypeConversion.llb
There are two VIs inside of LLB:
IMAQ Image DataType to Image Cluster.vi
and
IMAQ Image Cluster to Image Datatype.vi
Use both for conversion between reference and cluster

Hope it help

with best regards,

Andrey
Message 2 of 5
(4,435 Views)
Thank you so much!!!
I've fixed all the errors in my program.
Thank you again.
Bye
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,365 Views)

Hi, I just found this thread and am having a related problem.  I have a 3rd-party vi that outputs and image.  I would like to manipulate the image using some IMAQ functions, however when I input the image from the 3rd-party vi into any IMAQ function I get the same error as reported in the first message in this thread.  Is there a way to convert the older image type to something I can use the IMAQ utilities on?

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,002 Views)

Hi,

This is Xiaolei.

I also met this problem. Our labview version is 2013, and vision assistant is 2013. The image data type of IMAQ create is refnum, and image data type of camera setting is cluster, so I try use IMAQ image datatype to Image cluster.vi to converter the data type. But it doesn't work since IMAQ image datatype to Image cluster.vi have two elements, but the image in is the cluster of 17 elements. Please find the attachments. Would you please give me some suggestions?

Thank you so much.

Xiaolei

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,175 Views)