From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

region of interest in Vision Assistant

Hello,

I need to define a ROI in Vision Assistant, similar with the one featured in Vision Builder. Unfortunately I couldn't find the way, and all measurements that I do after that depend on that ROI..My question is, in Vision Assistant, are there similar features to the ones in Vision Builder, regarding the ROI(definition, reposition)? If not, what would be a workaround? I need to export the code in LabVIEW, so i cannot use VBAI, as it export many small files that, as a begginer, I find hard to manage.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,363 Views)

In vision assistant you can use "mask" . A better way since you are going to use labVIEW anyway would be to use "imaq extract". Feed the co-rdinates and extract the image required. Also there is a whole lot of ROI features available in lv.

Tell us more about your applicaion.Post a few images and we might help you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,360 Views)

I the application made in VB I use the match pattern utility to find defects in the images aquired. The steps used in VB are:

1) acquired images from a firewire camera

2) create ROI

3) Set System Coordinates

4) make the first measureusing "Caliper" utilities

5) detect the defects on the image using "Detect Defects" utilities. 

I tried in Vision System the use Image Mask but I not able to set Reposition Region of Interest.

How can I do that?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,345 Views)

I the application made in VB I use the match pattern utility to find defects in the images aquired. The steps used in VB are:

1) acquired images from a firewire camera

2) create ROI

3) Set System Coordinates

4) make the first measureusing "Caliper" utilities

5) detect the defects on the image using "Detect Defects" utilities. 

I tried in Vision System the use Image Mask but I not able to set Reposition Region of Interest.

How can I do that?

In the second step you have mentioned "create roi". is there any criteria for setting the roi? Like finding the edge and depending on that create a roi (this can be done). Is it based on the threshold and you find certain particles and feed the bounding box(this is also possible).Confirm to get more details.
Message 4 of 8
(6,324 Views)
Any update?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,265 Views)

At the end I will use the export in Lab View at the Visual Builder application because the Vision Assistant doesn't have all the functions from the Visual Builder.

I need to use a trigger to start and end the application. The trigger from Visual Buider isn't good because it is working on the firewire telecamera.

I think the solution will be to use an trigger for FPGA.

My problem is that I don't know how to use the FPGA trigger which is an .vi for FPGA on the Lab View application which make all the operation and run on the CVS.

What I have to do to control the main application with the trigger which run on the FPGA? 

Thanks a lot for your answers. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,263 Views)
What is the FPGA that you are using?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,260 Views)

Hi cojo,

I think if you use Set Coordinate System and coose one of the elements from previous steps, that coordinate is fixed, so the next ROI you use after this set coordinate will take the coord as a reference.

I dunno if this solves your question, let me know, cheers!

NavasMonk
National Instruments, México
ELP Support Engineer
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,924 Views)