Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time straight line detection

Hi all,

i would like to ask any guidelines/ help tips regarding real time straight line detection via usb webcam with myrio 1900. i cant get any lines on frame which inside the ROI rectangle. By the way , im jz a newbie using these labview & myrio. any tips, guidelines, and solution ? 

Thank you.

regards

vincent.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,966 Views)

Hello,

you can try using the Hough line transformation. Assuming you are trying to detect the curtain edge:

Basic Hough line transform:

hough1.png

Probabilistic Hough line transform:

hough2.png

The processing for both takes ~6 ms (I have a (low)mid range computer).

You can find the code and examples here:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n/2014/09/05/point-cloud-library-pcl-and-open-computer-vis...

You can also do it in Labview - I think it's called "IMAQ Find Straight edges -> Hough Edge Rake". It is also based on Hough line transform.

You are probably detecting the edges, but not displaying them correctly? Or you just need to setup the parameters based on your setup. I have Labview 2013, so I cannot check your code.

Best regards,

K

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
Message 2 of 6
(5,926 Views)

First of all , thanks Klemen for the guides that provided for my problems.  Ya, im trying to detecting those edges but not sure whether im going on the right track since i manage to have 0 errors and warning from my VI but i dont have those red line appear on the image. Which VI i should add to have the red line?

Ive try convert the version to 13.0 v2 hope that can ease the difficulties.

Thank you

Regards 

Vincent.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,880 Views)

You have overlay line.vi.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,877 Views)
Message 5 of 6
(5,875 Views)

Hi guys,
I have problem with image acquisation in real time with  a NI smart camera 1762 !!
i face retard of 2 seconds!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,840 Views)