Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time face recognition with a webcam and labview

Hi all

I am a newbee with Labview. For my project, I wanted to know how to realise real time face recognition system using video acquired  from a web cam. Can u please guide me towards it? The links on the existing post regarding face recognition doesn't seem to be working. Can i make a face recognition vi?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,245 Views)

Yes you can but there is a lot of theory that has to be applied to do so..... You want to do face Recognition or Face Matching?....

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,215 Views)

@P.Anand:

Thank you for your response, sir. I want to make an atm machine that accesses the account using face recognition. I wil have a database of images stored, i need to capture the image from the webcam, compare it with the database and after it matches, open the specific account. Can u plz help me out with the further steps?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,198 Views)

Hi Nikhila,

You have many stuffs in NI site itself.. Please refer these links and proceed with the Project.. Link 1, Link 2, Link 3

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,195 Views)

@P.Anand

Thank you Sir. I'l get back to you for further doubts.... wil check that out....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,167 Views)

It really depends on the type of project you're working on and the degree of complexity you'r aiming for.

Its true there are a lot of theories behind face recognition but that doesn't mean you can't create a simple project without extensive research.

You can find small primitive ideas for facial recognition based on template matching and image comparison. You can for example use an image database and compare the new image to the ones in the database and choose the best match, or you can compare features instead of the whole image...

There are hundreds of possibilities in facial recognition, you have to first find what you're aiming for

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,149 Views)

sir i want to  match the image taken by the camera to the images in the database.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,919 Views)

have you completed your project of Face Recognition?i n eed your help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,811 Views)
fast answer is that use opencv face recognize dll in labview
it will done
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,800 Views)

Can you plz help me in project using that procedure by providing the materials for it

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,658 Views)