From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rate of vision acquisition

I'm using a USB camera to complete my vision acqusition. However, it's rate floats between 9~10 frames/sec, which cannot satisfy my experiment with acquisition rate beyond 25 frames/sec. How do I solve this problem?

time.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,582 Views)

Hi,

First, I suggest you to open MAX and check your webcam settings. You should set the "Video Mode" to the good resolution and framerate.

Then in the status bar you should check the actual acquisition and display framerate. Save your settings and go back to LabVIEW.

Also never forget that if you use image processing, you may decrease the framerate due to the use of your CPU (for instance, your saving function to BMP may take time depending on your HDD speed and decrease your framerate)

Regards

framerate.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,559 Views)

Thank you ! In fact, I had set the mode before and found that made no sense. In addition, even if I only applied the vision acquisition express without any other functions, the acquisition rate remain 10fps even lower. What has happened.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,552 Views)