cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"NI-imaqdx devices" folder not showing up in NI-MAX/USB Cameras not recognized

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks to Bluecheese.

Your professional answer also solved my problem!

By the way, why do you know so much details? I'm just curious.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(4,634 Views)

BlueCheese is one of the Vision developers at National Instruments.  Note the blue bar above his icon, which indicates NI employees.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(4,621 Views)

Thanks for your information.

I'm new in this forum.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(4,605 Views)

Bluecheese I Love you! That fixed my problem!!

BlueCheese escribió:

I'm wondering if this might be a manifestation of a recent issue that cropped up. Can you try renaming "niu3v.dll" in C:\Windows\SysWow64 and then close/re-open MAX?

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(4,087 Views)

Hi.

I have the same problem with imaqdx. I reinstalled the LabVIEW2014-FALL. I want to use USB3 Vision camera

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(3,920 Views)

Hi,

I am trying to get a microscope camera (USB 2.0) to work with LabVIEW. The camera works with other software and has a DirectShow driver (which works with AMCap). In NI-MAX (and LabVIEW) it has never worked so far.

Here what I tried:

1. Vision Acquisition Software 2011 -> shown under IMAQdx Devices (correct), get a error message when clicked on
  2. Vision Acquisition Software 2014f -> shown under Devices, NO IMAQdx folder, get a error message when clicked on
  3. Vision Acquisition Software 2015f -> same as 2014

The error code is 0x8000FFFF

I attach a screenshot from VAS / MAX 2015.

I have already tried the suggestion from BlueCheese (renaming niu3v.dll) both in system32 and SysWow64 as well as uninstall and reinstall several times. I also reformatted the PC and installed Win 10 (was Win 8.1 before). The system is 64-bit. In a VM I have also tested Win 7, no difference.

Does anyone have another suggestion?

Thanks a lot

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(3,520 Views)

@BlueCheese:
You are really my man. I tried whole last week to figure out what is the problem. I even brought my laptop to the webcam seller to try all their webcams but nothing give me a chance to see Ni-IMAQdx. 

By the way, how did you know this solution?

I also to say thank you to the owner of this topic where I can find the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(3,165 Views)

Hello Bluecheese,

I have been having this exact same issue. I have renamed the niu3v.dll to niu3v(Old).dll like awestek in the SysWow64 and the System32 folder but no luck. No IMAQdx folder shows in NI MAX. I have Windows 7 - 64bit. The cameras I'm using are Ximea USB2.0 ver. 2.0.0.5x64. They work on 3rd party software and are listed in my devices but doesn't show up in NI MAX. Also, I have a trial of the vision module with IMAQ, but I've reinstalled VAS software since starting the trial to install additional software that wasn't there before the module.

What else can I try?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(2,174 Views)

What is the exact model of camera?

What version of VAS do you have installed?  Open up MAX, expand "Software" under "My System" at the top, and look for "NI-IMAQdx". 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(2,164 Views)

Hi,

I am new to the Labview. I could not find the NI IMAQ devices from MAX. I am using a 64 bit OS and Imperx IPX 1M48 L camera with a framegrabber of Teledyne dalsa X64 CL iPro. 

I have downloaded the driver and copied it in the specified folder. I also tried renaming niu3v.dll but that didn't work. I am using LabVIEW 2016 with VAS 2016 and MAX 16.0.1

Could you please help me...

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(2,090 Views)