Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pulse generation with PCIe-8237R and VBAI

Hello,

My customer have a problem with the pulse generation on a PCIe-8237R using VBAI2013.

He configure to have a pulse on the TTL Output 0 each time there is a rising edge on the ISOInput4.

After about  20 000 pulses (12 h of production), the trigger generation stop him self (seen in the Vision Rio Tools).

Is there a way to avoid that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,950 Views)

Hi Fanfuoe,

does your customer check for timeouts in the pulse generation task?

What else does the VBAI Script do?

Is everything else working fine, when the pulse generation stops?

Regards,

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
Senior Applications Engineer, National Instruments Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,927 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your response!

The vBAI script do some mesure with 2 cameras (edge basis).

If I Open / re-configure the pulse generation step, the inspection run fine again

I don't see where I can set up a timeout in the pulse generation step (see attached image)

Regards!UI Pulse generation

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,922 Views)

Hi Fanfoue,

I am investigating this issue as I already have a test setup with VBAI and the 8237R. In the interest of closely reproducing your setup, can you send me (or PM) the VBAI inspection?

Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,902 Views)

Hi Fanfoue,

I'm not entirely sure if this is could be the cause, or if it's related, but it might be worth taking a look. In Windows, there is a power management feature for Ethernet Adapters. Can you try disabling this and then seeing if the problem still occurs?

Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections and Edit the PCIe-8237R Adapter Properties. Deselect the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

PowerManagement.png

Again, I'm not entirely sure this is relevant, but I think it's worth trying out, as so far I have not been successful in reproducing the issue you have reported on my test setup.

Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,899 Views)