From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overlapping fiber length

I need count overlapping fibers and measure the length of each. The material is grated cheese. It will be spread with a vibratory feeder, but I expect lots of overlapping fibers. They will all be straight. Any ideas?

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,819 Views)

Hi Andrew,

I am also working with you on this via email and your service request, I would just like to also suggest that if you have some example images to post them up here as well in case someone else on the forum has experiencing with a similar application and has some suggestions.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,808 Views)

I would also be interested in an answer to this one.  We are looking at glass fibre length distributions and crossing fibres pose real problems.

I have attached a thresholded image showing a typical distribution.

Many thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,789 Views)

Hi, there aren't any built in VIs that can achieve this directly, however it is possible to program an implementation of a straight line detection algorithm in LabVIEW, there is no built in VI to achieve this directly.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,768 Views)