From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one trigger to take multi images

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am using a Guppy Pro F031b, which is equiped with Bulk Trigger Mode.  This mode allow me to take multipule frames with one external trigger.

I want to take two image every trigger and save them.  But I have no idea how to realize this function with with IMAQdx.  Has anyone did this before and can give me a hand?

Shall I use Grab or "IMAQ get image"?  Shall I use a whileloop to let the get image excuated twice or the VI will automatically grab two image?

Thank you very much!

Wen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,781 Views)

xu27,

What have you tried so far?

Message 2 of 5
(4,754 Views)

Hi Wen,

Try using IMAQdx Grab to do this, but with an infinite timeout.  That way, when you hit the IMAQ Grab function, it will block until it receives a full image from the camera.  This means it will wait until the camera receives the trigger and begins outputting images to acquire.  I would start with the basic Grab.vi example availale in the IMAQdx>High-Level directory in the Example Finder.

Cody A.
Message 3 of 5
(4,751 Views)
Solution
Accepted by xu27

Cody A., Kyle T. ,

I have already programed a VI include trigger mode 0(edge triger), trigger mode 1(level trigger), and bulk  trigger.  I monitored the camera IO which can show me the camera exposure time. And I found after every trigger, the camera does exposure twice. 

Shall I set the buffer number as 2 if I want to use bulk trigger?

How can I read out the two images in my buffer?

Thank you very much!

Wen Xu program.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,732 Views)

Hi XU27,

Is it possible if you can share the VI .

Thank you .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,742 Views)