Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one-shot acquisition AVT Guppy

I did dig more in depth to how you could abort the snap.vi.

The shorter timeout is the right way to go about this. If you want to be able to close the program while waiting for a trigger you set it up to timeout as often you want to check the stop condition, just like my image shows. There are some cameras that can accept abort attributes but that needs to be a write to registers or attributes of the cammera.

Thing is that polling the timeout often wont miss any triggers. If a trigger is occuring while you just timed out the camera will still snap a frame and next time you call snap vi you will get that image directly. Therefore no harm in short timeout and polling the snap VI more often.

Best Regards
Jonas Mäki
Systems Developer
Novator Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(2,447 Views)
I would suggest experimenting more with aborting the acquisition, as I am confident that should work properly. You could try doing a full Unconfigure as I can't recall if just Stop is enough (although I think it is). The same mechanism is used to abort an acquisition in MAX or via the Abort button in LabVIEW as stopping the acquisition manually uses.

Note that I don't have a setup handy at the moment to try a test case myself, but I would tend to suspect that it is more likely that your code is not running as you expect. Can you put a probe on the result of he Stop vi and verify it is actually running when you expect it to?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(2,438 Views)