cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

noncontinuable exception error opening camera file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I'm trying to open a camera file I generated in Camera FIle Generator in MAX. I keep getting an exception error with the popup of submitting an error report. (I actually have problems with 2 camera files, but I'm thinking the problems are related.)

In Camera File Generator, I can connect to the camera and see video. The camera is an Allied Vision Bonito CL 400B-200fps. We have a NI PCIe-1429 Cameralink card.

WIn-7 64-bit, but MAX and Camera File Generator are both 32-bit. (Maybe this is the problem?)

- How do I find out what is wrong with the camera file. 

-  This is on a non-networked machine, so how do I submit it a crash report?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,590 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tjwilli58

Scott here with Allied Vision.   While I'm not our leading Bonito techy, I'm in the team of support colleagues who are.  And I'm the one with the NI Forum account, so I'm happy to be the liaison on this.   Paraphrasing from my colleague:

BEGIN

If the NI grabber driver is 32 bit, inside the win64 system it should not be a problem.

The camera file Generator is not perfect, suggest using a camera file from us.

( File

“AVT Bonito CL-400 1x2320 [CL][GrabberClock].icd”

from

https://alliedvisiontec.box.com/s/6t1myjoj5qh72ayn9bvgqdpknwqxkd8i

)

END

Please try this and advise if that gets you over the hump?

FYI for "Allied Vision specific" questions you may contact Allied Vision support via http://www.alliedvision.com/en/support/contact-support-and-repair.html

Of course for NI-specific topics please focus on NI support and forums.

Hope this helps!

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,545 Views)

Thanks so much!  This worked like a charm. I did a diff on my camera file and the AVT Bonito CL-400 [CL][GrabberClock].icd file. to see what was causing the problem. Once I copied the Attribute section over to my icd file, MAX didn't crash when I tried to open it.

I'm having the same problem with a Sofradir MiTIE LWIR camera file that I was told worked on another machine. It also didn't have camera attributes. I'll see if I can download another camera file for that camera.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,523 Views)

Glad that did the trick!  Thanks for the closure.

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,519 Views)