From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni vision 64 bit

I have an old Labview 5.0 using Imaq vision for G. I have problems with huge images.

Are there limitations in image size using new Labview 2013 (64 bit) and Ni vision in windows 7 ?

My goal would be to manage more 8-bit images about 600 MB each in the same program

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,677 Views)
64-bit would be perfect for this use case. You don't have to worry about fragmentation of a 2/4gb memory space like you have in a 32-bit process.

The only limitations I am aware of (currently) are that each image must be less than 2GB.

Eric
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,661 Views)
Thank you. My problem is the fragmentation of the memory. Another question. Are there automatic instruments to convert labview and imaq to the last versions ?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,654 Views)

Sorry, I'm not sure what issues you may run into. Certainly anything from 7.1 and up I know should just open (at least IMAQ/Vision code) with no changes likely needed. I have never gone back as far as 5...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,631 Views)