From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new camerafile for new camera

Dear Discussion Forum,

I have a problem regarding a new camera. I have a NI Framgrabber 1433 and a new prototype camera. For this camere there is no camerafile available for NI, so i tryed to construct a new one with the camera File generator.
Unfortunatly it isn't working. This camera was already running with a dalsa framgrabber and hase therefor a dalsa camerafile. Is it possible to convert this dalsa file to a ni file?

Thanks

Laurin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,296 Views)

Hi Laurin,

Welcome to the NI Discussion Forums! Typically, generation of the camera file is something the camera manufactuer must lead, with collaboration from NI as necessary. The main reason for needing to involve the manufactuer is that we don't ship a camera file with our drivers unless we have been able to validate the functionality of it with actual hardware, and we don't have access to all the cameras out there. 

Concerning your sitatuon, unfortunately there is no tool out there to convert a Dalsa camera file to an NI compatible camera file, but we can try to help you create the camera file. To start out with, what is the tap configuration of your camera, the bit depth and resolution? Also, what serial commands, if any, need to be sent to the camera to set it in the mode you need to run it in? While I am not familiar with the Dalsa camera file format, it may be helpful for you to post it here if it is just an ASCII-based text file that we can open up and read.

Also, when you say that the camera file you constructed with the NI CFG "isn't working", what exactly is happening? Are you getting an error message, or is the image scrambled? If you are dealing with scrambled images, I'd recommend setting the camera to output a test pattern if it has this functionality. Then, please post an image of what the test image should look like, and what you are seeing with the camera file you generated.

Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,222 Views)

Hi Josef, thanks for you reply.

The tap configuration for our prototype is 4 tap 10 bit. which corresponds to 512 pixel.

I don't need so send any serial command, the camera is controled via a com1 connection and a skript from the company. 

To problem with the constructed camera file was, that i couldn't get an connection there was always a time out.

in the attachment is the dalsa camera file, i hope you can help me constructing the new national file.

Greetings laurin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,212 Views)