From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message Error -1074395732 occurred at IMAQ Clamp Max

I do a bottle inspection, whether it is a bottle or not, when I try to take the bottle and place another bottle, an error message appears each time I remove the bottle, how can I solve this problem, I want that when The image detects the bottle the distance will be indicate, and when it detects nothing, it will indicate 0, but in that it shows me an error message : 

message Error -1074395732 occurred at IMAQ Clamp Max 

Possible reason(s):

IMAQ Vision: No curves were found in the image.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,112 Views)

Are you using Vision Assistant, Vision Builder for Automated Inspection, or using the Vision Development Module in LabVIEW?

We are most likely getting the error because when the bottle is removed, the function you are using to detect the bottle (IMAQ Clamp Max) is no longer valid because the bottle is not there. Depending on the software you are using we may be able to do some error handling so that when you do see this error you can handle the case to ignore the error and instead output a distance of zero. 

Matt G.
Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,046 Views)

thank you so match, 

so i use vision devlopement modele, How I can exploit the output of the error and display a distance of zero. I consider this output as the other output and I work with normally?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,021 Views)

I WANT TO DETECT THE spots ON A BOTTLE, for that i used "max clamp"I, Is there any other frunction  more helpful?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,019 Views)
for start it is better make binary image with thershoulding in way that the bottle separate from background
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,015 Views)

You can programmatically clear that error and write a distance of zero if necessary. That is my recommendation. In terms of detecting spots on the bottle the Clamp Max may work, but it depends on if the spots are always in the same place. Converting to a binary image may work. If you can, you might post a sample image so we can see what your image looks like to make suggestions.

Matt G.
Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,009 Views)