cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

learn pattern 4 angle range parameter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i'm converting some old VIs using the search pattern function to the last update, and i have a couple of questions about the angle range parameter of the learn (or search) pattern 4 :  

- is it in degree ? (i guess so from the examples but it isn't written anywhere i've looked to).

- is the valid range from 0 to 360 only, or is negative values allowed ?

- As an example, if i want my pattern to be learned for a +/-5 degree rotation, should i put -5 and 5, or 355 and 5, or ???

Thanks for any help,

Vincent
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,533 Views)
1 many of labview vi that need angle work with Radial
2 many of labview vi can translate negative value of angle into appropriate positive one
3 first you need you use degree to radial vi and then you can use both of them
but the best one is 355 and 5

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,480 Views)

Thanks Hatef for this answer. But are you sure of that or is it just expectations ? I find the vision help file poorly written for some VIs...Any parameter description should allways specifiy the unit and the valid range at least.

Vincent
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,464 Views)

Hi,

You can't blame context help all the time. Sometimes you have to click "Detailed Help" option available in context help window.

And the angle for rotating an image is in degrees.(Reference "Detailed Help)

Negative and positive rotations depends on clockwise and counterclockwise rotations.(Please try it on yourself..!!)This will help you to understand better.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,458 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author VdG

as Dmal told you can check detail
what i told you is unit that Ni always use for terminal of vi but some time may they become different from other vi

for example I check agian matching part  Dmanl was right it is degree

degree.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,453 Views)

Hi,

thanks Hatef ! I guess it's a sreen copy from the Vision Assistant, i haven't thought to use that to find the answer...

DmanL, i'm not blaming context help "all the time", it's the first time i do ! I just expect that putting unit and range for each parameter in the help files would be very friendly and time saving for all end users.

Vincent
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,448 Views)