From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with sony XCL-C280

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble to acquire images from a sony XCL-C280 camera, I'm using a NI PCIe 1430 framegrabber.

I had to make my own camera file using the camera file generator (see attached camera file, I had to change the ICD extention to txt to be able to post it) and I think I'm not to far from a working solution.

when I use MAX, I will only be able to obtain images if I disable the serial commands (on the "Camera Attributes" tab in MAX), but if I leave the serial commands enabled, when I either try to snap or grab I will receive an error "The requested serial termination string was not found in the returned buffer."

And I get exactly the same from LabVIEW, if serial commands are enabled I get : "-1074397038 occurred at IMAQ Start.vi - Possible reason(s): NI-IMAQ: The requested serial termination string was not found in the returned buffer." and when I disbaled the serial command I can acquire images but I can sen configure the camera via serial commands anymore...

Can anyone help me out with this issue?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,646 Views)

Hi TiTou,

I've had to make a custom camera file for a Sony camera in the past. I believe it was a 5005CR or something similar. I had to use the following termination character to get the serial commands to work:

TermChars (OK\r\n)

Looking through your camera file, it looks like you almost have the same thing but without the newline character. Maybe give that a try and let me know if that solves it for you.

Regards,

Joseph

Message 2 of 3
(4,636 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TiTou

Thanks for your reply Joseph!

Nope, the XCL-C280 needs to have "OK\r" as termination char, I've read the manuals of the XCL-C280 and the one for the XCL-5005CR, these 2 cameras actually have a different termination char... as funny as it sounds.

I've disabled the serial commands in MAX (and then realized that it's a parameter in the camera file "SerialDisabled (Yes)") and then it all works in LabVIEW, which is what I want really.

I thought disabling serial command would then forbid me to send commands to the camera using the IMAQ serial write VI, but it does not...

Do you know what it does at all??

Working ICD file attached (renamed with txt extention)

Cheers

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,631 Views)