Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image rotation at high frame rate

Hello,

I am continuously acquiring images from a camera and need to display the images to the screen as quickly as possible. I also need to rotate the image from the camera 90 degrees so it is in the vertical orientation instead of the horizontal orientation outputted by the camera. I have been using the IMAQ rotate function to do this, but I am using a 10 MP camera and the rotate function is memory intensive and greatly slows the frame rate. Is there any way to do this without sacrificing frame rate? Perhaps through the image viewer or something.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,328 Views)
I do not use 10mp camera before
but
if you want to rotate image to show
you do not need to rotate all to show human eye could not see image faster than 60 fps also human eye could see image as movie low to 7 fps
so if you try to show image faster than 60 fps for human it is useless and you do not have to do that just select some of image to show and rotate them
also if you want to rotate image not for showing and just for saving you can store image in memory with on vi and then try to rotate them with other vi by calling them form memory
it is all I can help
but for simple question
why you do not rotate camera it self? 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,324 Views)