Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use multiple (.vbai )vision builder files in labview

hi all,

In my application i need to use multiple vbai file in labview .

if i get any example vi it may helps me lot 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(6,610 Views)

Check out the VBAI API you can use from LabVIEW to launch multiple local VBAI engines or connect to multiple remote VBAI engines. The example illustratews how to use one (there's an example for a local engine and remote engine), but it should be easy to expand the scope to use multiple engines.

<National Instruments>\Vision Builder\API Examples\LabVIEW Examples

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(6,591 Views)

hi Brad,

Thanks a lot for your reply 

In that file how to passs my image and get result . 

any small example .. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(6,582 Views)
Are you wanting to acquire in LabVIEW and pass the image to VBAI and then get the results from VBAI back in LabVIEW? Or do you want to acquire in VBAI and just get the results and processed image in LabVIEW?
Thanks
Brad
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(6,558 Views)

Grab image in .vbai and result in labview ,

after Doing Motion Part .

i need to call another .vbai file .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(6,548 Views)

If you check out the example here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI <version>\API Examples\LabVIEW Examples\LabVIEW API Example (Local).vi

It will show you how to use the VBAI API in LV to launch a local engine, open an inspection, run it, get the resulting image and results. You can use the Enable Measurements VI and Get Measurements if you need more detailed results from the steps in VBAI. Read the documentation on all the VIs in the VBAI palette of LabVIEW to better understand how to use these VIs to accomplish your goal. Press Ctrl-H and hover over any of the VIs to get help and then you can click on the Detailed Help link, or check out C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW <version>\help\VBAI_LV_API.chm

You had asked about Pick and Place as well. This is very application depenent. If you post some pictures, people on the foum could help with finding the item you want to pick (make sure to be specific about what you're looking for in the image and if you need to calibrate the image to pass real world coordinates to motion VIs), and the motion is dependent on the types of motors/drives you use. Here are some links to motion pick and place examples I found with a simple search:

http://www.ni.com/example/27360/en/

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-18728

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3200/en/

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(6,487 Views)

1.PNG

2.PNG

i am using this method to Call different vbai files .

but VBAI file opening. takes so long .

in that case 

I tried following method

3.PNG

Its Working Fine . But not able to Open multiple files.

So please give some method to open multiple files .

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(6,461 Views)

API Sample.png

If you don't need your motion stuff to be synchronized with the VBAI inspection (i.e. just get the latest results from VBAI, but let it run as fast as possible), use the VBAI Start Inspection VI outside the loop instead of the Run Once VI inside the loop.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,447 Views)

Hi all,

do you met with the problem to get measurements in labview from vbai ?

Capture.JPG

I get no error, not empty measurements, but no data.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(6,431 Views)
If you call the get measurements, make sure you call the enable measurements VI before you run the inspection.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,428 Views)