Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use multiple (.vbai )vision builder files in labview

I tried it, but no progress. Still i have no measurement. There is one solution to save values to file and from labview read it, but it is not effective way.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,495 Views)

Hi Brad,

I can able to run multiple files. but if i am using same camera to acquire for different .vbai files not working (shows error).

In that case shall i create one .vbai file for acquire image and save in file path.

remaing .vbai files use that file path.

is this method is correct ?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,482 Views)

Hi again,

I met with a strange behaviour. When run the VI to achieve data from VBAI, doesnt work.

But if the Highlight is on, so you can see how the code executes, then i got picture and measurements from VBAI also.

Attached the codes for LabView, VBAI and picture sample.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,476 Views)

You need to replace the Start with Run Once. The Start will get the inspection started, but not wait until the the first iteration is complete, so the Stop may execute before the first iteration completes. The Run Once will wait for 1 complete iteration to finish before the VI continues and then you don't need the Stop call anymore. I would also move the Set Variable before the start to ensure the variable is updated before it is used in the inspection.

Also, if you have two inspections that use the same camera, you cannot have both inspections open at the same time, so you will need to close one before you can open the other.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Message 14 of 14
(2,473 Views)