Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to track face and allocate lips in face using labview

My final year project is "Text Input System developed by Lips Image Recognition based on Labview for Serious Disabled".
In this, image of person's face will be acquired by CCD camera.. Then it has stages like face tracking, lips area allocation and extraction and further processing.
Then the status of mouth-open or mouth-close will be acquired in binary format as 1 & 0 respectively..This information will be given to MORSE CODE TEXT INPUT SYSTEM which will convert morse code into english text...I am having problem in developing program to track face and allocate lips area...Kindly help...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31
(6,561 Views)

Hi Sruti,

Post your developed vi with sample images. So that can help you better to resolve your problem.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31
(6,546 Views)

ok sir...the first program has been developed by me and it contains error...and i am not able to identify the same...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31
(6,534 Views)

Hi sruti,

Downconvert the vi to 2010.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31
(6,525 Views)

Hello Sir,

Here it is the program in 2010 version...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31
(6,510 Views)

Hi sruti,

Do you have any images with you. If so post it. Am out of my office so i cant check it out with cam right now.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31
(6,507 Views)

Sir,

I have posted a sample image...and also the program where the still imges can be used...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31
(6,500 Views)

Hi sruti,

Sorry for the delay. You would like to track the face and lips right?. Are you tried with pattern matching algorithm to do the same creating a template like this. At first track the eyes and nose or else anyone is enough. With referrence to that find the lips position.

Ss.png 

Then regarding the open/close position of the lips can be done with particle analysis. Post some image for the same.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31
(6,474 Views)

Hello Sir,

As you mentioned about the allocating lips area with respect to the position of nose, can it be done using ROI...? if so then how can we determine the ROI of lips...? Also when the person moves the head, then will the ROI change..?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31
(6,463 Views)

Also when the person moves the head, then will the ROI change..?

Hi Sruti.

You can fix the ROI by setting a cordinate system in your image. Eventhough Person moves the head your roi will also moves with respect to the coordinate system. 

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31
(6,460 Views)