Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to calculate circle number and distinguish the two kinds of circle

Hello everyone,

Now, there is a problem to find the calculate circle number and distinguish the two kinds of circle in the following picture. You will find that there is two kinds of hole in the following picture, one is blind hole(3 holes), the another is through hole(19 holes).

That is to say, the first task is to calculate circle number, the second task is to distinguish the two kinds of circle in the following picture.

Can you give me some advice how to deal with this problem in the NI Vision Development Module or  NI Vision Assistant. 

Thank you.

Kindly Regards

kevin.wang

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(5,052 Views)

finding the through hole is no issue but finding the other hole is difficult from your image. Can you try a different lighting like a low angle lighting?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(5,043 Views)

Yes, it is difficult to find the blind holes.Maybe the light affect the quality of picture.

Please find the following picture, there is a result about the through hole and blind hole. But I don't know how to deal with this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(5,029 Views)

Can you post the image without the overlay? Is the green overlay through holes?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(5,023 Views)

Yes, you are right. The  through holes is overlay by the  the green square point, and tge blind holes is marked by red circle. Please find the original picture and analyzed picture in the attached files.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(5,019 Views)

Hmm... Tough image to get the half holes.Do you have other lighting then the current that you are using? Can you tilt the light so like providing low angle light ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(5,008 Views)

I am sorry that we don't have  any other angle lighting picture. The picture(Original f ) is a part of the whole which other company provide to us, and the picture(Analyzed f) is also the same company provide. They used the picture Original f to get the analyzed result.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(5,005 Views)

In that case let me try some filter technique. Just a wild guess did you try canny edge detection?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(5,003 Views)

Yes, maybe it will be OK by some  filter technique. I don't  use the Canny, but I have try the sobel, the result is not good.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(4,998 Views)

Canny is not avilable in vision assistant. You can find it in labVIEW though.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(4,996 Views)