From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i output alphabets whenever the is a match in pattern matching?

i was working on a alphabet sign language recognition. so far i am able to recognize alphabets. i would like to output a text indicator whenever there is a match if possible i would like it to become a word.

i got a vi from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlECSKpIsbw that recognizes a pattern from a template and i have just replaced the template to an actual image of a, b, and c sign language and added some led indicator. for now i only have templates for a, b and c since it would just be the same i would just add the other alphabets later on. here is my vi after some modification

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,434 Views)

Hi ceciliap004,

I would say based on the image and whether the match was achieved you can add a character to a string.

Modified Code.png

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,350 Views)
Hi im kind of new to labview and im not yet familiar with some vis can you please add labels thanks i really appreated your help
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,191 Views)

You can drag the image i posted into LabVIEW and it will generate code. I basically put a case structure on the end. Based on what character was recognized I added a new character to the string. I included some notes in the code. Other than that, it is the exact code you posted.

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,160 Views)