Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i output alphabets whenever the is a match in pattern matching?

i was working on a alphabet sign language recognition. so far i am able to recognize alphabets. i would like to output a text indicator whenever there is a match if possible i would like it to become a word.

i got a vi from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlECSKpIsbw that recognizes a pattern from a template and i have just replaced the template to an actual image of a, b, and c sign language and added some led indicator. for now i only have templates for a, b and c since it would just be the same i would just add the other alphabets later on. here is my vi after some modification

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,439 Views)

Hi ceciliap004,

I would say based on the image and whether the match was achieved you can add a character to a string.

Modified Code.png

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,355 Views)
Hi im kind of new to labview and im not yet familiar with some vis can you please add labels thanks i really appreated your help
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,196 Views)

You can drag the image i posted into LabVIEW and it will generate code. I basically put a case structure on the end. Based on what character was recognized I added a new character to the string. I included some notes in the code. Other than that, it is the exact code you posted.

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,165 Views)