Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I get X, Y coordinates from an image with vision

Dear,
As a last year students we have a provocative project, where we must couple a vision system to KUKA robot.  We are from Belgium, so we can not write so good English.
At these project we use labview vision, we use here serial cable for comminication with the robot KUKA, we can send 3 coordinates to the robot( X, Y, Z coordinates) so the robot moves to this coordinates.
But now the problem is, we use labview vision and a camera, with this camera(Ueye) we must get the coordinates of image(object) that we get from the camera on labview,
So will send this coordinates to the robot. But how can we get this coordinates on labview. Can someone send a example vi, an information or a solution
With  your aid we can complete our project successfully.
Thanks for your quick answer.
Copporilio Kerem

the problem which rises is that we don't know how we can get picture from a camera on labview screen, i.e. detection or location of a object.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,202 Views)
same topic -- continue here
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,197 Views)

Hello Kerem,

I hope you have solved your problem. I noticed you posted your message in 2008.
I'm just working in a project like yours and I'm also using a KUKA's robot. I have the same problem. I'm trying to get some coordinates from an object in an image and by these coordinates the robot would move itself.
Well, I just wonder if you could help me with anything you have. An information, advice... anything would help me a lot.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,522 Views)

Same project!

Hopefully you completed your project. If read this can you please send me the VI files. I am currently working on the same project.
you can mail me too at ehsan-ul-haq@hotmail.com

I would be very greatful and wish you success in your life.

Regards,

Ehsan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,252 Views)
first you have to clear your question
is your problem to find objects in image ? or you could find them just want to find coordinate of them or not you have both problem 1 find objects 2 find their related coordinates
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,203 Views)

i have the same probem i want to find the object in the image so the robot can pick it can you help me or send me an example vi ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,546 Views)