how can I access the "vision info" in an image

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Development Environment:

• LabVIEW 2012 32-bit (12.0f3)
  • Vision 2012

Description:

I would like to get more information regarding the "vision info" in an image.

There is a VI called IMAQ Is Vision Info Present 2 - which tells me whether any vision info is present in the image.

But then what can I use to read or access this vision info, aside from using IMAQ Read Custom Data - or is this all there is?

ie.  I have created a template in Vision Assistant using the Template editor and highlighted some mask areas - how can I open this up in LabVIEW and get this information?

The Vision help files don't seem to define this to a low level of detail.

Thanks!

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,898 Views)

Hello Christopher,

The best solution that I have found so far would be to use the IMAQ Get Custom Keys VI to peel off an array of all the Keys for the image and then spin that through a for loop pulling out all the information with a IMAQ Read Custom Data VI, unless you know which Keys you are looking for.

Cheers,

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,876 Views)

Hi Joel,

I tried that technique, however it only gives me two items in the array: NI Image Type and Version.

What I need to get to is the Geometric Template 2 information. My template file was created using the NI Template Editor.

IMAQ Is Vision Info Present 2 tells me the geometric template information is there. How can I access this?

Thanks

Christopher Farmer

DQMH Trusted Advisor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,839 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ozfarmboy

Hi Christopher,

Have you tried our IMAQ Get Geometric Template features VI? Information on this VI can be found here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281P-01/imaqvision/imaq_get_geometric_template_features/

This VI will allow you to reference your created template image and returns the features of that image giving the ‘Feature Type’ and the associated data with that feature. This should allow you to access the data you need.

Blake C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,814 Views)

Hi Blake,

Yes, I saw that - I will take a closer look . Thanks.

So can we extract the curve parameters cluster back out (that were defined by the template editor)?

Thanks

Christopher Farmer

DQMH Trusted Advisor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,801 Views)

Yes, you should be able to. You can see that data under ‘Feature Data’ on the ‘Learned Features’ output on the help page I linked. It gives you Elements 0-4 of the constant curve.

Blake C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,780 Views)

Curve settings of geometric template.PNGbut how to get the curve settings of the geometric template ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,602 Views)

Standy,

It does not appear that there is a method to extract those settings from the template editor.  It appears those settings are meant to be set in the editor and left alone once the template is in use.

Regards,

Isaac Sanchez

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Regards,
Isaac S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,579 Views)

Hi Isaac,

My mean is that when I have configed the curve paramters in template editor for the geometric template. the editor will save the template info with the template image together. but when I open the template image in another APP, I want to read the template info ( or vision info) back.

I have test that the NI VISION ASSISTANT can read back the template info of the geometric template which had been edited by the template editor. but I don't know how to do this in my vision application.

thanks very much for your help.

Best Regards

Standy.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,570 Views)

Hi Standy

i meet this problem, so i really want to know how do you solve this problem finally.

this may be a long time, so i don't know whether can i  hear from you.

thanks

warm regards

wenjie zheng

AE China

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,620 Views)