From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hardware synchronize two allied vision cameras?

Hi, I have two allied vision Mako gige cameras.

http://www.stemmer-imaging.co.uk/en/products/av-mako-g-030b-poe/

These have a hardware triggering ability, and two cables for this purpose:

http://www.stemmer-imaging.co.uk/en/products/cable-misc-full-mako-op-5m/

I neeed to run these at 120 fps, in perfect sync. I cannot find anywhere, info on what exactly I should use for this. What board /  hardware do I need to send the sync signal?  Will something like this work?

I need to embed whatever it is inside the mount with the cameras, so small and low power draw would be ideal. Any tips/ workflow ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,888 Views)
there is two kind of triggering one is software and next hardware
you need second one so you have to have one external impulse device like photoelectric barrier, the digital input of a PLC, initiator, etc
so Signal Generator will be work for you just send one pulse for two camera simultaneity
just be aware from your camera amplitude range to not damage camera with high amplitude
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,876 Views)

Most cameras can send or receive a pulse every time they capture an image.  You can connect a cable between the cameras and configure one to sent the pulse and the other to trigger off the pulse.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,870 Views)
BruceAmmons
using one camera as pulse maker for second one could make a small delay for firing second one
this delay is so small but for high frame rate camera some time is could be important
also as I know MAKO G-030B POE could not produce pulse ( I am not sure for may last sentence )
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,858 Views)