From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gaussian filter

Thank you sir. I already implement the gaussian function using the example which you provided. It is working for a 8 bit-depth grey image. grey image having 24 bit-depth is not working in it..so give some idea to work on it. My next work is implement median filter in the image.Also give some idea for it also. I am attaching the VI for gaussian. 

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 37
(2,539 Views)

plz reply sir..

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 37
(2,499 Views)

Hello,

take a look at this topic:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Convolute-IMAQ-RGB-picture/td-p/1235956

Best regards,

K

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 37
(2,489 Views)

hi @ all,

sorry for hijacking, this thread is very interesting and I plan to use this piece of code for my own, that's why I dug into in detail

kudos for Klemen!

0.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 37
(2,468 Views)

hello , i have a problem with filtering  medical image.when i apply a filter gradient or smoothing  and i didn't find a good result  , so I want  to know if gaussian filter  suitable for processing medical image and how can i use it ? thank you for answering me it urgent

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 37
(1,495 Views)

Hi Laryngo93,

Thanks for posting on the NI Vision forum. What problem are you seeing specifically? You indicated you didn't get a good result - was the image still too noisy? Were you able to perform other processing algorithms on the image? What results are you looking for? Did you use the IMAQ Convolute VI in LabVIEW? How did you go about performing this analysis?

In general, the Gaussian filter is a good, catch-all filter to use in many applications. However, it's hard to say that it will work in any 'medical image processing'. Do you have specific parameters you're trying to meet? What types of processing are you hoping to perform? Without an end goal in mind, it's hard to say whether a Gaussian filter will be good for you.

Feel free to post back here with more details and we may be able to help.

PS - I noticed you asked this question (or a very similar question) on many posts over the last week; many of the posts you submitted to were many years old. To get the most efficient help possible, I would recommend creating a new post unique to your situation. There you can provide specific information about your application, images you're trying to filter, or even pieces of code you're using. That way, other forum members can help you more effectively by gathering all of the troubleshooting into one place. 

Austin H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 37
(1,460 Views)

hi austin

thank you for answring me , firstful you right but i want you to know that i had post my question about  medical filter on unique post also in many discussions, and  i didn't find the right answer.

so my application in labview is about realization of  interface for processing video acquired from  endoscopi USB camera and my question is about how can i filter video aquired ???

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 37
(1,456 Views)