From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flir a300

I have i flir A 300 series and thermovision Labview toolkit V3.3 on Labview 2011.  I would like to acquire a temperature array from the camera with toolkit. 

I open the connection with specific camera, ethernt 16 bit , IP address and in a while loop acquire the Image with Digitalgetimage. 

The problem is the Digitalgetimage return empty array and timeout. 

Can someone help me ? 

thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,164 Views)

Hi,

are you able to correctly acquire images with any Flir software or utility (if available)?

Is the camera visible in Measurement&Automation Explorer?

Bye!

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,130 Views)

Im able to see the camera with flir ir monitor and flir camera player. when i try to acquire the array from the camera i receive the timeout error from flir getimage vi..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,129 Views)

The FLIR LV Toolkit is very buggy.  Mainly it is because of the need to support so many different camera models and interfaces.  The timeout usually can be traced to Event Handling deeper down in one of the sub-vis.  There is a case statement somewhere, I think in camera Open, where each model of camera is given different timeout values.  You need to bypass all of that.

Even then, your results may vary.  I wish I could help more, but I don't currently have the toolkit installed anywhere. I don't recall ever getting anything in the image data unless the camera was configured for 8-Bit.  This seemed to be the case for A20, A40, and A310/A300.  I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,120 Views)

I found a time-out in Digital_getimage sub-vi. I can control the camera with other subvi of thermovision toolkit. 

Im trying with the example of toolkit but i have the same result !! 😞

MoviJOHN ha scritto:

The FLIR LV Toolkit is very buggy.  Mainly it is because of the need to support so many different camera models and interfaces.  The timeout usually can be traced to Event Handling deeper down in one of the sub-vis.  There is a case statement somewhere, I think in camera Open, where each model of camera is given different timeout values.  You need to bypass all of that.

Even then, your results may vary.  I wish I could help more, but I don't currently have the toolkit installed anywhere. I don't recall ever getting anything in the image data unless the camera was configured for 8-Bit.  This seemed to be the case for A20, A40, and A310/A300.  I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,112 Views)