Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finding missing points of an array grid

I image processed a micro grid array and there are missing points in the grid.  I am having trouble find the best way/algorithm to find these "missing points"  

I attached an image for better understanding.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,650 Views)
you need some morphology functions also try to increase contrast and also test some function of morphology lie dilate and erode then to find best algorithm to have all pints
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,631 Views)

You should sort by x position then y position. Find distance to previous point in X. This should be pretty consistent unless there is a missing pin.

Probably easier to do in LabVIEW rather then VBAI, but still achievable in VBAI

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,623 Views)

I don't think that will work.  The X and Y coordinates vary by a few pixels for each row or column, so they won't sort in the order you want.  If they were integer values, this method would work great.

You might want to look at the grid calibration functions.  They do a pretty good job of sorting all the points and making a grid.  You might be able to start with them, then finish with whatever is needed.  I think if you calibrate the image with grid spacing = 1, then step through all the pixel coordinates of the dots and convert them to world units, you get an integer coordinate for each point. You could then double check the pixel distances to see if there are missing dots.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,612 Views)
could you send real image of your dots without your processing
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,558 Views)