From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extract red image with Vision Builder Automated Inspection

Hello

I have 2 camera connected to a CVS and I want to process the images to have only the red part of the images.

for that I tried to use VBAI but I din't sucess, I think nit should be in the vision assistant step, but I already tryed with "extract a color plane" and "treshold color", and when I test with an image it don't work.

Does anybody know how to that?

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,104 Views)

Am I right that you don't actually want to extract the color plane, but rather, you want to black out everything in the image that is not red?  If this is the case, what you want to do is use the color threshold to create a mask of the red areas, and then use that mask on the original image to turn everything that is not red to black, or some other color.  Keep in mind that other colors in the spectrum also have a red component to them, like purple, yellow, orange, etc.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,095 Views)

Also post an image if you can?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,084 Views)

Hello

I may be find a way to delete everythimg that is not red by substract green and blue with vision assisatant, it seems to work.

Now I try to extract only little part of the picture, only the part of the picture who are red, for that I created ROIs for some red parts of the images, and I want to record only this ROIs, to reduce the size of the file and kipping the same resolution.

Does anybody know how to do that?

I attach my Vision builder code to the message

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,055 Views)

Sorry I did a mistake, here is the good file

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,054 Views)

Duplicate post

Regards,