Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error-1074396074 IMAQ vision: Incompatible imag size

Hi everybody,

I need your help because I have a big problem and I don`t understand why...... But I hope it is easy to resolve.

I searched but found nothing.

I have this kind of error

error.png

But I don`t understand because I have two software, the first works very well, So I just copy this code to put in the second software, just to record one video.

Everything it`s the same but with the second there is this error message.
works well.png

this software works very, whitout problem.

And this software, you cansee it is the same code, doesn`t work

dont work.png

I can`t understand why really..... I try to change the format of the imaq, or use IMAQ cast imag, but whitout results.....

If someone can help me 🙂

Thanks a lot in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,973 Views)

First thing that strikes me as strange is that you are pulling the image reference from the inup of grab, and not the putput.  This makes sucess dependent on a race condition where the image is acquired before the write VI gets the image reference.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,960 Views)
Some image codecs also have restrictions on image size (usually alignment of the width).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,956 Views)

Hi,

I wrote exactly the same code in the software which work and everything work..... So just strange but anyway, it`s work....

What do you mean by  :

"you are pulling the image reference from the inup of grab, and not the putput."

English is ot my mother langage, and sometimes is not very easy to understand, especially when it is specific vocabulary.....

thank for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,932 Views)

Hi!

It is strange that if you used the same code, one time it works and another time it doesnt. To be able to see good if there is an error it would be great if you could submit your VI. But first try to take a look at this KB: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4FAC615B62919BA5C1256ED00046997A

This explains the error and I hope you will understand which steps to take as there are also other links inside this KB for more information. So please verify the KB mentioned above and the settings you are doing in your code. 

Please let me know how the progress is going. 

Collin de Wit
National Instruments
Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,926 Views)

Hi!

I was wondering if you were able to solve it or check on the things posted.

Please let me know.

Collin de Wit
National Instruments
Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,884 Views)

Hi,

Sorry to didn`t reply.......

Actually it is the rush at work till the half of April, so to be honest. I didn`t check anymore..... 

I will check to understand why it didn`t work but when it is more quiet here ^^

but my mean software works even with the recording video.... So it is geat.

Thanks for your preoccupation

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,881 Views)