From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dead pixels correction

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is an efficient way to correct dead pixels in a picture. I get pictures from an infra red sensor that included dead pixels.

I know the coordinates of dead pixels and I know the coordinates of the better pixels alive close to dead pixels. So I would like to replace dead pixels by alive pixels in order to make picture as complete as possible.

The example attached show what I do, but when then number of dead pixels is quiet big, I suppose that the execution time should be very long.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,070 Views)

Begin by creating a bad pixel map.  This will essentially be a binary image, where good pixels are black (0), and bad pixels are white (1).

Use the binary image as a mask.  You can shift the the mask by one pixel in any direction to capture a replacement set of good pixels, and then combine the original image, where you have masked out bad, with the new image where you have masked in adjacent good pixels.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,002 Views)