From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coordinate transform--robot

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello sir:

Regarding "Simple Calibration.vi", i had a question:

捕获.PNG

why they use "0.15" for "IMAQ set simple calibration2 vi"? it mean 1pixel=0.15Millimeter? but actually i got 1pixel=0.083Millimeter from picture's resolution. i don't understand these relationship. is there any help? thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 34
(2,184 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 34
(2,186 Views)

Time_Walker 已写:

Hello sir:

Regarding "Simple Calibration.vi", i had a question:

捕获.PNG

why they use "0.15" for "IMAQ set simple calibration2 vi"? it mean 1pixel=0.15Millimeter? but actually i got 1pixel=0.083Millimeter from picture's resolution. i don't understand these relationship. is there any help? thanks.

any help?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 34
(2,172 Views)
Yes, based on your image setup and calibration grid image it can vary.
-Yes it means one pixel is equivalent to 0.15mm in X direction and 0.15mm in Y direction
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 34
(2,171 Views)

udka 已写:
Yes, based on your image setup and calibration grid image it can vary.
-Yes it means one pixel is equivalent to 0.15mm in X direction and 0.15mm in Y direction

but actually i got the result from picture's resolution :

the resolution for picture is 300dpi. it mean 300pixels/inch, 1inch=25.4Millimeter.

300pixels/25.4Millimeter.

1pixel=0.083Millimeter.

why it is so huge different with "0.15mm" specified in picture? "0.15mm" is an arbitrary setting for demostration? when we need to set "X step", "Y Step" parameter in application, how to caculate it and set it?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 34
(2,166 Views)
you have to use sample target in your image that you know the dimensions of this sample
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 34
(2,146 Views)

one more questiion:

X Step and Y Step:

"Scaling factors are the real-world distances between the dots in the calibration grid in the x- and y- directions and the units in which the distances are measured. Use the X Step and Y Step elements of the Grid Descriptor control to specify the scaling factors." this is the definition in "https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281M-01/nivisionlvbasics/perspective_and_nonlinear_disto..."

the following is the definition in the labview help for "IMAQ Calibration Target to Points - Circular Dots VI", "X Step corresponds to the width of a pixel in real-world units." it make me completely confused.

捕获.PNG

Any help ? which one is right? Any official explaination? thank you very much ~~~~

Hatef.fouladi 已写:
you have to use sample target in your image that you know the dimensions of this sample

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 34
(2,128 Views)
witch part confused you?
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 34
(2,101 Views)

Hatef.fouladi 已写:
witch part confused you?

X Step and Y Step:

"Scaling factors are the real-world distances between the dots in the calibration grid in the x- and y- directions and the units in which the distances are measured. Use the X Step and Y Step elements of the Grid Descriptor control to specify the scaling factors." this is the definition in "https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281M-01/nivisionlvbasics/perspective_and_nonlinear_disto..."

the following is the definition in the labview help for "IMAQ Calibration Target to Points - Circular Dots VI", "X Step corresponds to the width of a pixel in real-world units." 

捕获.PNG

The definition for X-step and Y-Step are the same? or they are different? i marked it with red color~

Message 19 of 34
(2,098 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Time_Walker

sppose you have two point  with distance of 1 cm 
you  find out that this two point distance is 3 pixcel in image 
so if you check bellow image you have this 
x step 1
y stem 0,98
unit :cm

Message 20 of 34
(2,083 Views)