From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect and configure outputs (VBAI - Allied manta camera)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

One of our projects currently has one output. Now we want to configure 2 outputs.

• VBAI 2012
  • Allied camera: Manta G201C
  • Connected with plc

Until now we used SelectSyncOut and SyncOutPolarity.When trying to use the same approach we do not get the expected result.

In attachment you see a simple drawing of our cable and outputs. According to the table that is included I should think that I need to connect the orange (10) to the (+) of the source. Then green (6) should be connected to the (+) of the electrical user and the (-) of the electrical user to the (-) of the source.

Then we should do the same with our second user: connect White/Brown (12) to our user...

Is that correct?

In attachment (knipsel) you see our program. In state 'zwart' we want to set both of our outputs low. In states 'geen stuk' and '25 ok' we want to set output 1 high, and in state 'Afkeur' we want to set output 2 high.

Can someone tell me how to do this? I suspect that I need to use SyncOutSource GPO and SyncOutLevels, but when I try this I do not get the results I want.

With kind regards,

Tom

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,808 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author declercq_tom@waak.be

Your wiring looks right to me.  Note that if your electrical user is high impedance (draws < 5 ma), you may need a shunt to ground.  The manual has the appropriate resistor values.

With a quick read through the manual, SyncOutSource(1) set to GPO and SyncOutSource(2) set to GPO look correct.

The SyncOutLevels should be a switch for the outputs.  For example, 0x0001 turns on output 1, 0x0010 turns on output 2, and 0x0011 would turn on both.  Is this how you have been using it?

Toggling the polarity will invert the affected SyncOutLevel bit, although you would need to be able to specify which output you are manipulating.  Writing a new value to SyncOutLevels looks like the more efficient way to toggle.

Message 2 of 3
(4,793 Views)

Thanks Sensij1!

We tried again and it worked. But we've noticed something very strange:

• First we've adjusted an existing 'Read/Write' and got very bizar results.
  • After deleting all our 'Read/Write'-steps and making new ones our outputs worked just as we expected.

Something in the cameramemory?

Anyhow, we have a fully working program now.

Thanks,

With kind regards,
Tom

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,778 Views)