Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compute disparity and image depth

Hi all,

Basically i am new to image processing, i have a left and a right image attached to the post. I need to compute the disparity and depth of the image. I am using a LV version 2011. I found few useful threads on the same with no luck.

Everything seems to be developed above LV 2011. 

I did convert the LV 2012 TO LV 2011 found in the link below. But some VIs are missing. Its not working.

I need suggestions how to go about it now. 

Thanks in advance.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/Stereo-Vision-and-Projected-Light/td-p/2481264

Regards,
KM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,828 Views)

The 3D disparity VIs are not backward compatible.  They were added to NI Vision toolkit starting in 2012.  Porting the VIs to 2011 won't get you there because you would still need the newer DLLs from Vision 2012.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,817 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your time, I installed LV 2013. 

I am trying to use your stereo vision code for my application attached to the post. I gave the file path for left and right image. I am not sure about waht should be the file path for stereo calibration data. I am not getting any output, Any suggestions how should i go about it.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,790 Views)

Hi Klemen,

I am using your stereo vision program. I get this error when i run the calibration .vi. Can you please where i am going wrong.

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,775 Views)

When you save a calibration image, it must be saved with vision info.  There are two save vis.  One with, and one without.  Additionaly, you need to explore the calibration method, so that it becomes clear to you.  It is a very important operation for most vision processing requiring real world measurements.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,763 Views)

Hi MoviJOHN,

Thanks for your response,

I am not very much clear about what you mean. 

The stereo vision zip file has 3 folders,

Acquisition, Calibration and Stereo session.

The acquisition works fine.

In calibration vi, i load all the 10 pairs of left and right images and run the vi. The vi calibrates for all the images and in the end throws an error as described in my previous post.

In the stereo vision vi. After i run, left and right image is being displayed. But nothing is being displayed in the disparity image and intensity image after i click the calculate button.

I dont understand where exactly is the issue.  I am not able to debug the code because the probe tool says not executed.

Any suggestions please

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,745 Views)

I suggest you begin with the examples provided with LabVIEW.  Make sure they are working first.  Then replace the calibration image path with your own, etc.

You should note that calibration images have to be created either using the utilities provided in vision assistant, or programatically.  They are not simply pictures.  They have other information embedded during the creation process.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,717 Views)