cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capture multi-image and read out

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am using a Guppy Pro F031 camera equiped with bulk trigger mode.  Now I can let the camera exposure twice in series after one external trigger(my previous post).  But I don't know where are the images stored and how can I read both images out and store them into harddrive.

When I use IMAQdx get image vi to capture image and set as buffer number mode with 2 buffer.   

Does this mean I assigned two location in RAM for my image?  If yes, how can I find their location?

bulk trigger loop.jpg

Best,

Wen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,239 Views)
Solution
Accepted by xu27

"When I use IMAQdx get image vi to capture image and set as buffer number mode with 2 buffer.   

Does this mean I assigned two location in RAM for my image?  If yes, how can I find their location?"

-To my knowledge it is wrong.

Buffer Allocation:

-There are two types of buffers-internal and user buffer which you can configure and use.

-internal buffer is what you can configure by using IMAQdx configure acquisition and giving the required number of buffers you want to allocate.

-user buffer is the one you condigure or create by using IMAdx create and by giving different names means, creating multiple buffers.(You must delete the user buffers when you are done processing by using IMAQdx dispose, otherwise it'll fill up RAM memory.

Buffer number:

- A buffer number is a zero-based index that represents the cumulated transferred image count. For example, during a continuous acquisition with three internal buffers, the buffer number is updated as follows: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and so on. Buffer numbers 0 and 3 refer to the same internal buffer in the buffer ring.(From NI IMAQdx Manual)

-Which means you have to give different buffer number everytime by increasing it by 1 every time you receive an image. and not a constant of 2.

For your question:

-Configure acquisition with more than two buffers,start acquisition.

-Give Buffer number from 0, and increment after successful image and pass it to IMAQdx get image.

-For every image, your user buffer is same currently, which means it'll overwrite the same. If you want them to be different you can create multiple and use also.

Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 2
(4,217 Views)