From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera triggered snap

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I'm new to vision and been searching on how to snap a image from a video. First I am using LabView 8.6 my company will not upgrade. The example I did find was written for LabView 2012. The problem I am having when I first run the program I have live feed until I snap the image then it locks up. I tried various ways I think would work but same result. Does anyone knows a good guide line to follow on how to make it work. What I am trying to do is use a video camera take take snap shot of a printed circuit board to use as a template to compare if the board has the right parts on it. If you know any links or books to help please let me know. Most of the project is coming out of my pocket  for the project so funds are limited. 

Thanks

JJ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,676 Views)

-Go through the manual below to understand basics of image acquisition in LabVIEW using IMAQdx

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/004155976D710E2186257E840062B5EF?

-NI Vision for LabVIEW Basics: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281AC-01/TOC32.htm

-Can you explain more about what you mean by ''until I snap the image then it locks up"?

Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 5
(2,636 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JJM57

Thank you in the past I would find links on NI and when I click on them they would say this document is no longer available

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,632 Views)

Got it top work the way I needed it to

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,621 Views)
JJ, You should mark proper post as solution which helped you, so that if anyone else same issue they can check that post.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,607 Views)